EVERY CHILD SHOULD HAVE THE MEANS TO PURSUE THEIR DREAMS
GIVING HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS A LEG UP
Good Tidings supports education by providing education grants to high school seniors in need who have dedicated themselves to extraordinary community service projects. Since its inception, we have granted $1,517,000 to over 350 deserving high school seniors. In 1999, the Good Tidings Foundation Community Service Scholarship program started small, with ﬁve recipients receiving $1,000 each. Today, our program awards $100,000 annually to 10 underserved high school seniors at $10,000 each, providing much needed support to youth who have demonstrated tremendous leadership potential despite their own economic circumstances.
Please be advised that the Letter of Recommendation is due at the same date and time as the application. Your recommender will not receive a notiﬁcation until you either:
- Submit your ﬁnished application, or
- Complete and save the Letter of Recommendation section of the application (page 3). To ensure that your recommender completes the letter in time, we advise that you ﬁll out and save the Letter of Recommendation section of the application (page 3) ﬁrst.
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST BE THE FOLLOWING:
- High School Senior graduating in 2020
- Resident of one of the following California counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Lake, Marin, Monterey, Napa, Sacramento, San Benito, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, Solano, Sonoma, Stanislaus, Yolo
WHEN Submitting YOUR APPLICATION YOU MUST INCLUDE:
- Finished application
- Complete and save the Letter of Recommendation section of the application
- Agreement to volunteer minimum 1 shift at our Winter Wonderland Toy Giveaway Program between 12/16 – 12/23/19
- Winners must attend GT Holiday Event on 12/8/19 in Burlingame, CA
APPLICATION DEADLINE NOVEMBER 14TH 2019
The 2019 Community Service Scholarship is now live, and can be accessed through the button below. Applications are due Thursday, November 14 at 12 NOON PST.